Smith & Williamson has a strong heritage in advising both private clients and their business interests.
Through our corporate accountancy, tax and assurance teams we offer highly experienced advice to established family businesses and high growth, high potential scale-ups led by entrepreneurs.
We have the local, national and international capabilities to help firms, no matter what their sector or geography, fulfil their ambitions and enhance their value within a family ownership structure.
Our multi-disciplinary service enables you to structure effectively, maximise available tax benefits and build the value of your businesses.
Of particular relevance to business-owning families is our expertise in:
- Corporate finance and transaction services delivering corporate ambitions through M&A, disposals or fund raising expertise
- Forensic accounting we provide a full range of dispute resolution and litigation support services including quantum, valuations, fraud, forensic technology and fraud investigations.
- Financial modelling preparing business plans, supporting fundraising ambitions and assisting in sectors where specialist regulatory knowledge is required
- Company valuations expertise in valuation requirements for buying and selling a business, transferring shares, financing or restructuring and litigation or dispute resolution.
- Recovery and restructuring for growth turnaround, recovery and insolvency services covering a range of situations
- Business tax managing corporate tax exposure and creating effective tax plans
- Pensions and employee benefits instituting and measuring appropriate pension and employee benefits structures.
Our ability to combine investment management, personal financial planning and tax and corporate advice under one roof, means families benefit from a genuinely holistic view of, and seamless strategies for their finances.
Investment does involve risk. The value of investments can go down as well as up. The investor may not receive back in total the original amount invested.