We offer fantastic training, strong support (including from our most senior people), mentoring and the kind of collaborative culture that means there will always be someone on hand to offer help and advice.
All those who join Smith & Williamson will quickly find themselves exposed to the cutting edge of Irish business. As well as technical training and education for professional qualification, we provide a level of support and hands-on experience that is second to none.
In our offices in Sandyford Business Park, we have created a dynamic and energetic team of business and financial professionals. Smith & Williamson recognises the need to grow and evolve with the business community we serve, so if you have the ambition, the enthusiasm and the energy to be part of our team we would like to meet you.
Meeting your needs
- the opportunity to train to become a member of Chartered Accountants Ireland or the Irish Tax Institute
- client exposure and unique working experience
- new technology training
How we can help
Smith & Williamson can offer you:
- access to managers and partners
- support of an in-house training manager
- overseas secondments
- an exceptional working environment
We are recruiting for Trainee Chartered Accountants to join our Audit department in June and September 2019.
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups.
- Develop an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our audit software
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Attend a range of internal training sessions including industry experience and soft skills
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Support department events and procedures and build relationships within Smith & Williamson
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the CA qualification with Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) to become a chartered accountant
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- expected 2.1 honours degree or higher (in any discipline)
- 400 CAO points (equivalent to 300 UCAS points)
- a grade B or above in higher level leaving certificate (or equivalent) Maths or English
Click the button below to download the full job description.Download job description
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Become part of a business that invests and truly believes in the benefit of personal, in-depth and long-standing client relationships.
We are unique in our focus on both private clients and their business interests, providing a varied and highly valued suite of services to clients and exciting development and career opportunities to graduates.
We invest in the future
To achieve our distinctive capabilities and levels of service, we invest heavily in our people, their skills and the firm's infrastructure.
As an independent business, largely owned by current and former staff we are able to concentrate on the issues that matter - high quality service and advice and the development of our skilled professionals.