Important regulatory information and risk warnings
Smith & Williamson is a diverse business. The following information is important and accords with Smith & Williamson's regulatory obligations.
Information on this site is published for private reference purposes only and is neither an offer to enter into a contract or agreement nor a solicitation to buy or sell any investment or service. The site is designed for UK residents and is not aimed at persons who are residents of any country, including the USA and South Africa or of countries in which the dissemination of information on funds/services on the Internet is forbidden.
This site is issued by the relevant UK or Irish regulated Smith & Williamson entity or entities. Smith & Williamson firms which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules are: Smith & Williamson Investment Management LLP and Smith & Williamson Financial Services Limited. Smith & Williamson Investment Services Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Smith & Williamson is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the sites of other providers which have links to any pages of this site. Smith & Williamson does not endorse any information contained on other providers' sites. No links to this website may be included in any other website without our express written authorisation. The contents of this site are based upon sources of information believed to be reliable. However, (1) no guarantee, warranty or representation, express or implied, is given as to the accuracy or completeness of such information; and (2) no Smith & Williamson company nor any of its officers, directors or employees accepts any liability or responsibility in respect of the information expressed herein which, moreover, is subject to change without notice.
The performance information contained on the site contains information which accords with UK performance standards.
- Past performance is not a guide to future performance.
- The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount you originally invested.
- Investors should note that changes in rates of exchange may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of investments.
- There are additional risks associated with investing in emerging or developing markets.
- Investments in higher yielding bonds issued by borrowers with lower credit ratings may result in greater risk of default and have a negative impact on income and capital value.
- Please note that bond funds may not behave like direct investments in the underlying bonds themselves. By investing in bond funds the certainty of a fixed income for a fixed period with a fixed return of capital are lost.
- Tax rates and reliefs may change and the value of tax reliefs depends on individual circumstances. Local laws may have an impact on your investments.
Smith & Williamson and its affiliated companies and their directors and employees may, as principal or as agent, make purchases, sales and offers to purchase or sell in the open market or otherwise and may have positions/options in investment(s).
The information in this website is neither an offer nor a solicitation to buy or sell any investment referred to in this document. The site may contain future statements which are based on our current opinions, expectations and projections. Smith & Williamson Investment Management does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any future statements. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated. Appropriate advice should be taken before entering into transactions. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from based on this publication.
Smith & Williamson may record telephone calls.