Smith & Williamson continues to monitor updates from public health bodies and the Government related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our primary objective is to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all our stakeholders, including staff, clients and third parties.
Risk management and operational effectiveness are a key strategic priority for the firm. We have in place a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP), which is reviewed regularly. Specific to this unprecedented event, we have undertaken a number of important changes to our working practices, which we outline below:
- In line with the most recent Government advice, the vast majority of our staff are continuing to work remotely from home and are able to access our systems within a secure environment.
- A small number of staff continue to work in our offices to maintain key business operations, using a split-rota system. We recognise particularly the dedication and efforts made by these colleagues in such challenging circumstances.
- Please be assured that you are able to speak to your usual Smith & Williamson contact using the same phone number and they have full access to any emails that you send to them. Staff are holding client meetings virtually or by telephone wherever possible, taking into account client preference.
- Since March, a number of provisions, such as the deep cleaning of office space, have been increased significantly, including all common touch-points at entrances and lifts, with everyone’s health and wellbeing as our number one priority.
- We have cancelled all our physical events for the foreseeable future. During this time, however, we continue to utilise all technologies available to us, including webinars and podcasts.
- We are also publishing, on a regular basis, insights to support private clients, businesses, charities and professional advisers on our dedicated website hub.
- While we cannot predict when the coronavirus outbreak will subside, please be assured that we are continuing to take all sensible precautions to minimise its potential impact on clients, staff and operations and ensure business as usual.
In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to help at this difficult time, please contact us.
Notes to editors
Smith & Williamson is a leading financial and professional services firm providing a comprehensive range of investment management, tax, financial advisory and accountancy services to private clients and their business interests. The firm’s c1,800 people operate from a network of 11 offices: London, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Dublin (City and Sandyford), Glasgow, Guildford, Jersey, Salisbury and Southampton. Smith & Williamson is part of The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group.