Areas of expertise
Corporation tax; Employment Tax; Personal tax matters; Corporate reconstructions; Entrepreneurs and Family Businesses; Succession planning; Intergenerational business transfers; Payroll and shadow payroll; Social Security
Aileen has significant experience assisting individuals and businesses to maximise tax opportunities while making sure that they stay compliant with legislation and other regulatory requirements. She is a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and Chartered Accountant (ACA) who has over 12 years’ experience in multiple areas of Irish taxation advising individuals, Irish indigenous businesses and large multinational clients.
She is currently advising on corporation tax and income tax for companies and company directors, as well as on tax issues associated with group reorganisations, succession planning, retirement planning, asset acquisitions and disposals.
In addition to her experience in corporate and personal tax Aileen has a particular interest in employment tax and global mobility and can provide valuable advice in relation to employee tax issues including implications arising for globally mobile employees, work force reshaping, and share based remuneration.
Notable client work and achievements
- Advised clients including leading Irish and global companies across all sectors in relation to employment tax, social security, international workforce mobility as well as wider workforce and HR issues.
- Worked closely with many clients on Revenue interventions, guiding them through the process and assisting in successfully negotiations with Revenue to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Advised many Irish domestic large corporate groups on re-organisations and reconstructions.
- Completion of due diligence of ‘target’ companies to identify potential taxation exposures and quantify same. Including detailed reviews of financial documentation in respect of relevant tax heads, in-depth discussions with vendors and their financial advisors and preparation of tax due diligence report.
- Graduate of University College Dublin (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Graduate of Michael Smurfit Business School (Master of Science Marketing Practice)
- Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA).