Michael has significant experience advising large Irish and international corporate clients, including technology, manufacturing, services, retail and leisure, and real estate. His specialisms include domestic and international IP planning and domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and reconstructions.
Michael also has in depth knowledge and experience supporting high net worth families and individuals on areas including succession planning, intergenerational business transfers, estate planning and personal tax matters. He has written and presented in Ireland and overseas on Irish taxation issues.
Areas of expertise
- Corporation tax
- International tax
- Irish and international Intellectual Property (IP)
- Irish and international mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Corporate reconstructions
- Entrepreneurs and Family Businesses
- Succession planning
- Intergenerational business transfers
- Estate planning
- Personal tax matters
Notable client work and achievements
- Advised many Irish domestic large corporate groups on re-organisations and reconstructions.
- Worked closely with many Irish businesses on successful overseas establishment and expansion strategies.
- Assisted many large US corporations with establishing and expanding their Irish based operations.
- Worked with large family businesses in many areas including succession planning.
Professional qualifications/memberships: Graduate of University College Dublin (Bachelor of Commerce), is a Chartered Accountant (FCA) and a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA).