Area of expertise
Liquidations (solvent and insolvent); receiverships; examinerships; bankruptcies; litigation support; investigations; asset search; IBR and informal restructuring assignments.
Stephen has over 20 years’ experience across a number of sectors on formal insolvency appointments, informal advisory work and forensic investigations.
Prior to joining Smith & Williamson he qualified as a Chartered Accountant in a Big 4 firm subsequently working for almost 15 years in its Corporate Recovery Department. He then moved to a top 10 firm acting as an appointment taking IP managing a diverse portfolio of cases.
He has worked on numerous liquidations, receiverships, examinerships, bankruptcies, investigations and informal restructuring assignments.
Selected assignments include:
- Liquidations: Solvent company group rationalisation projects and insolvent carpet, computer and animal feeds manufacturers, hotels, high street multiple unit retailers, a financial spread betting plc and building companies.
- Receivership: Partly completed multi block apartment development, hotels & pubs, manufacturing facilities, regulated funds and motor dealerships.
- Examinerships: A publicly quoted sanitary ware manufacturer, a DVD/Games retailer with over 200 stores, a travel agency and a carbon credit producer.
- Bankruptcies: Including a number of property developers with liabilities in excess of €500m and involving multi-jurisdictional asset tracing and litigation.
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland holding a CAI Insolvency Practicing Certificate. CAI’s Insolvency Diploma, Certificate in Personal Insolvency, Forensic Accounting Diploma and Corporate Finance Diploma.
- A founding member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners currently sitting on its Law Reform and Bankruptcy Committees.