Whether you're raising funds, seeking to sell, make an acquisition or exploring expansion, the right advice and support could mean the difference between success and failure.
At Smith & Williamson we focus on providing a full range of financial advisory and transaction support services to our clients.
Our dedicated, partner-led teams make it a priority to get to know you and your business, so we can deliver relevant solutions that enable you to achieve your financial and business objectives.
Corporate Finance provides a comprehensive range of solutions to assist clients in delivering and achieving their strategic business goals covering
- business advisory
- debt restructuring
- business valuations
- succession planning
We assist businesses in accessing financing solutions that meet shareholder objectives, providing objective advice, leveraging our own expertise and lender relationships.
Meeting your needs
Each engagement is partner-led with access to a highly qualified and client focussed team. This ensures your business is provided with the necessary support and expertise it deserves.
Our primary aim is to help our clients achieve their financial objectives - both corporate and personal. We focus on the mid-market, working with entrepreneurs, investors and family-owned businesses to meet their needs and build the value of their business.
Our practice has been based in Dublin for over 50 years. Our trusted advisers combine local knowledge with financial knowledge with decades of providing advice, support and solutions to private clients and theirs business interests.
We want to work with you for many years to come, which means our focus always extends beyond one-off transactions to take into account the bigger picture.
How we can help
- Business advisory: strategic business advice and planning, profit improvement, forecasting and cashflow projections
- Fundraising, debt restructuring and refinancing: identify and access sources of capital, financial modelling and preparation of funding proposals.
- Bank negotiations: identify and access debt and capital funding on the most advantageous terms. We provide support with bank negotiations and can scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- M&A transaction services: financial and tax due diligence, company valuations and assistance with information memorandum completion.
- Business valuation: valuing your business or a potential target, providing expert determination, assisting in disputes and litigation and company valuations.
- Independent business reviews: assess the borrower’s business plan, debt sustainability and funding requirements and provide options to improve performance to support (re)financing terms.
- Succession planning: preparation of objective succession plans and structured delivery strategies for your business.
We understand how important your business is to you. Ensuring you have the right strategy can benefit from our expertise and experience. We provide an objective and independent insight based on years of practical experience in the Irish market.
Transactions can be complex and time-consuming. We can help you navigate the process, reduce the risks and minimise the demands on your time by establishing clear lines of communication, providing constant feedback on progress and giving you hands-on support.
We’re not just focused on getting you in the best position to make the right deal or have the right strategy. Our strong reputation unique multi-disciplinary services offering and business connectivity and networks, ensure we can get you in front of the right people to help you achieve your goals.
You need expert and objective advice to implement the right business strategies. Our corporate finance partners work closely with you and/or your board to build a positive relationship that extends beyond individual transactions acting as your independent and objective strategic and financial sounding board.