Litigation support services
Providing independent, experienced and trusted expert witness testimony in commercial and personal disputes, criminal actions and fraud cases.
Our litigation support and forensic teams have a thorough knowledge of financial investigations and the role of the expert witness in providing assistance with independent financial analysis, opinion and testimony in court.
Often working with the group's wider corporate finance, restructuring and insolvency, audit and assurance and tax experts, we investigate financial loss claims, evaluate the financial merits of a case, manage financial discovery and provide expert witness evidence in Court, arbitrations and mediations.
We have experience in commercial, partnership and family law litigation. We also offer additional niche services within forensic accounting such as e-discovery and IT data recovery through the wider Smith & Williamson group.
Our full range of capabilities spans:
- Commercial litigation and disputes
- Company and partnership valuations
- Shareholder disputes
- Insurance claims regarding loss of profits, consequential losses and dependency losses
- Professional negligence claims
- Asset tracing and identification of undisclosed assets
- Issues arising in receiverships and other formal insolvency procedures
- Personal injury and loss of earnings
- Family law disputes, marital separation and divorce
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Financial investigations and fraud
How we can help
- Assessment: Initial assessment of financial merits in a dispute or claim
- Evaluation: Independent evaluation of the disputed quantum of losses, values and damages
- Expert reports: Preparation of expert reports
- Court testimony: Expert witness testimony in Court
Direct access to our specialist team of experts, including accountants, valuations specialists, fraud investigators, tax advisers and IT forensic consultants.
Quality service from senior partners and directors with a depth and breadth of experience to deliver high-quality litigation support services in financial disputes
Our litigation support services are partner led delivering impartial evidence by the most experienced practitioners