There has been an explosion of activity in the cryptocurrency space which has led to questions being asked about how those activities should be treated from a tax and accounting perspective.
Dealing with complex tax legislation and how it applies to new concepts can place a considerable burden on you, your management team and your business. The way you manage your tax affairs can also potentially impact on your public profile.
Therefore it is important to have a trusted partner to help you navigate the tax landscape and discuss any issues with HM Revenue & Customs so you can focus your time and effort on running your business.
Meeting your needs
You’ll have direct access to highly qualified tax experts who can act as your sounding board and provide vigorous challenge on tax treatments where necessary.
We will spend time understanding your cryptocurrency operations and then provide a service tailored to the precise needs and risk tolerance of your business.
You’ll get an in-depth, comprehensive review of your tax position, as well as access to senior staff from across our diverse business.
How we can help
- Advisory: Providing advice in relation to the tax and accounting treatment of different cryptocurrency businesses
- Returns: Preparing company and group corporation tax computations and returns.
- ICOs: Advising on the tax and accounting treatment of the Initial Coin Offering and on-going operation
- VAT: Considering VAT implications of cryptocurrency transactions
- Corporate Criminal Offence: Advising on the procedures required to satisfy the facilitation of tax evasion legislation.
- Dispute resolution: Negotiating with HMRC on your behalf to resolve any enquiries and/or disputes.
Our deep tax knowledge combined with our understanding of the cryptocurrency market means we are uniquely placed to act as advisors.
We have advised a variety of different clients in this growing sector, including supporting cryptocurrency exchanges, platforms, funds and ICOs.
We are regularly asked to discuss the tax implications for the cryptocurrency sector both by tax authorities and at industry events.