With the recent announcement of a Health and Social Care levy of 1.25% on National Insurance and dividends, together with the Government announcements on Care reform, there really are only two things in life that are certain, so now might be a good time to review if your financial plans are on target before your ‘checkout date’.
Taxes have increased (even if it is a levy) and the amount of tax we pay has also increased through freezing allowances, so we have less money to put to one side for future plans.
We are hosting our next business breakfast webinar with our colleagues from Tilney to bring tan insight into retirement planning and how much is really needed. We will also run through a high-level update on general taxes following the latest Budget. We will have our representatives from Audit, Corporate Finance and Restructuring to help offer suggestions on what businesses should be doing now to prepare for these increased costs coupled with Government support now being withdrawn.
Andrew Edmonds, Head of Audit, Regional Managing Partner, Southampton, Smith & Williamson LLP
Graham Dixon, Chartered Financial Planner, Tilney Financial Planning Limited
Rebecca Combes, Partner, Head of Southampton Tax Services, Smith & Williamson LLP
Led by Amy Harper, Director, Business Outsourcing Services, Smith & Williamson LLP
- Amanda Phillips, Head of Corporate Finance, Southampton, Smith & Williamson Corporate Finance
- Rebecca Combes, Partner, Head of Southampton Tax Services, Smith & Williamson LLP
- Kevin Parish, Associate Director, Recovery and Restructuring Services, Smith & Williamson LLP
- Samuel Godbold, Director, Assurance and Business Services, Smith & Williamson LLP
- Graham Dixon, Chartered Financial Planner, Tilney Financial Planning Limited