The latest webinar in our 'Doing Business in the US' series, presented with our US colleagues at CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) will explore the complexities of US State and Local taxes.
This series focuses on common US tax and regulatory implications for UK businesses with operations in the US and the key opportunities and pitfalls which may arise. In this edition our speakers, CLA Principals, Gretchen Whalen, Tom Santomaggio and Dave Springsteen will discuss Navigating the complexities of US State and Local taxes.
Watch the webinar below:
This webinar will cover:
- Federal implications of remote selling in the US from abroad
- General discussion of the following state taxes: sales and use, income, gross receipts based taxes
- Activities that create a tax filing obligation in the states (nexus) and how it differs from the federal income tax concept of permanent establishment
- How federal tax treaties apply to the various state taxes
Who Should join:
- Accounting or financial professionals working with companies that are currently or considering selling products or services into the US
CLA exists to create opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities through our industry-focused wealth advisory, outsourcing, audit, tax, and consulting services. CLAconnect.com Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.