We are pleased to invite you to our latest Finance Director Briefing dealing with topical issues of relevance to all UK businesses.
In this edition of the Finance Director Briefing we will explore the following;
Financial reporting and regulatory update
This session will cover the financial reporting and regulatory developments, where we will highlight the forthcoming changes, while also focusing on the current implications on financial statements and audit reports of the COVID-19 pandemic. Issues addressed include:
- IFRS update
- UK GAAP update
- Reporting changes
- Covid-19 matters
- Transparency project
Sarah will recap the Government’s COVID-19 tax measures, highlight some basic tax planning points, and discuss how the Treasury might try to recoup its costs.
- The UK Government’s COVID-19 tax response
- Maximising tax relief and cashflow
- Future tax changes?
Looking for economic recovery after the Coronavirus outbreak
Here we will explore the markets alongside the economic outlook post Coronavirus, reviewing COVID-19 and how it continues to drive economic risk. David will cover the following:
- The pick-up in new COVID-19 cases in Europe that could cause another round of national lockdowns
- The pandemic could also precipitate a confluence of other tail risks in the autumn, including the UK’s future relationship with the EU and a disputed US election
- What these events might mean for the UK and global economy
Restructuring and Recovery update
Kevin will give us his thoughts on the recent high street restructurings and will discuss the following:
- Will there be a pre or post pandemic increase in corporate failures
- 2020 & beyond – should the changes to insolvency legislation be of concern to the supply of credit
- What steps can a creditor take to mitigate against potential customer failure & bad debt
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask our panel questions in the Q&A at the end of the webinar. Please use the link below to register for the webinar.