S&W Sessions are a regular series of thought provoking hot topic webinars that are relevant to your business.
In 2017, the government proposed widening the scope of taxation on UK property gains for non-residents, the cumulative effect means conventional ways to date of acquiring and holding UK commercial real estate need to be fundamentally reassessed. This webinar will provide a summary of the current landscape and also an update on the latest VAT issues in the property sector for developers and contractors.
The webinar will touch upon the following:
- The news rules on UK property gains for non-residents
- Who is affected and what reliefs are available?
- VAT issues in property and commercial issues for developers
- Changes for resident managing agents
- VAT liability of works post completion
- Review of “white goods” rules – are you incurring too much irrecoverable VAT?
- Reverse charge for the construction sector from 1st October
- Barter arrangements and the correct value for VAT purposes.
- How can we help?
Who should join?
- Any non UK resident with UK property
- Any commercial or residential developer and contractors
Register for the next S&W Session