Bringing in the next generation
In the last two episodes we discussed the governance landscape for family businesses and how the right governance structure can help family businesses build a sense of purpose. In today’s episode, we look at bringing in the next generation.
Key questions raised in this episode:
- [0:42] The survey looked at how a family could become a brand in its own right. Can you talk about why that could be important?
- [2:37] To what extent are you seeing families develop a social purpose as well as a business purpose that reinforces that brand?
- [4:04] Can you give some examples of what this looks like in practice?
- [5:12] Is this an important tool to bring in the next generation?
- [5:52] What other elements are important for engaging the next generation?
- [7.20] How can the right governance structures encourage this engagement?
You can read the full Family Business Survey here: https://bit.ly/3kuu3yQ
Want to know more about our Family Wealth Services and how we can help you? Head here for more info: https://bit.ly/2O09WfK
This episode was recorded on 03/03/2020
This S&W The Pulse podcast is of a general nature and is not a substitute for professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted for the consequences of any action taken or refrained from as a result of what is said. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the presenter or of Smith & Williamson or any of its affiliates. No reproduction of this podcast may be made in whole or in part for professional or recreational purposes. No action should be taken based on this podcast and we accept no liability if we change your views on any of the subjects mentioned.
Smith & Williamson LLP
Regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales for a range of investment business activities.
Smith & Williamson LLP is a member of Nexia International, a leading, global network of independent accounting and consulting firms. Please see https://nexia.com/member-firm-disclaimer/ for further details.
Smith & Williamson LLP is part of the Tilney Smith & Williamson group.
Registered in England No. OC 369631.
Smith & Williamson Investment Services Limited
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England No. 976145. FRN: 131816.
The Pulse from Smith & Williamson
Family Wealth Show: Bringing in the next generation
Broadcast on Smith & Williamson at 09:00, 22nd of MARCH 2021
Available online from 10:00 on the same day .