In our new Family Wealth Show, we discuss over the course of three episodes findings and insights from our latest biennial Family Business Survey. In this episode Rupert Phelps, Partner of Family Wealth Services discusses the governance landscape for family businesses.
Key questions raised in this episode:
1. [1:40] What did the survey reveal about attitudes to governance?
2. [3:15] Do most families have governance structures in place? If so, which are most common?
3. [4.28] From your experience, what galvanises families into implementing new governance procedures?
4. [5:55] Where should families start when implementing new governance procedures and how have you seen different family approaching it?
5. [7:30] Which areas do you believe are particularly important?
6. [9:00] How can families assess what is working and what isn’t?
You can read the full Family Business Survey here: https://bit.ly/3kuu3yQ
Want to know more about our Family Wealth Services and how we can help you? Head here for more info: https://bit.ly/2O09WfK
This episode was recorded on 23/02/2020
This S&W The Pulse podcast is of a general nature and is not a substitute for professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted for the consequences of any action taken or refrained from as a result of what is said. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the presenter or of Smith & Williamson or any of its affiliates. No reproduction of this podcast may be made in whole or in part for professional or recreational purposes. No action should be taken based on this podcast and we accept no liability if we change your views on any of the subjects mentioned.
Smith & Williamson LLP
Regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales for a range of investment business activities.
Smith & Williamson LLP is a member of Nexia International, a leading, global network of independent accounting and consulting firms. Please see https://nexia.com/member-firm-disclaimer/ for further details.
Smith & Williamson LLP is part of the Tilney Smith & Williamson group.
Registered in England No. OC 369631.
Smith & Williamson Investment Services Limited
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England No. 976145. FRN: 131816.
The Pulse from Smith & Williamson
Family Wealth Show: Family governance, do I need one?
Broadcast on Smith & Williamson at 09:00, 15th of MARCH 2021
Available online from 10:00 on the same day .