In this week's tax update:
- CIOT proposes improvements to scrutiny of tax legislation
- Tax avoidance: withdrawn Scheme Reference Numbers
- Court finds deceased had a domicile of choice in England
- Residence: was there a distinct break?
- Penalties for late filing of NRCGT return cancelled
- Invalid late filing penalties
Trust, estates and IHT
- OTS Inheritance tax review call for evidence
- Inheritance tax receipts rise sharply
- Application of separate and distinct principle under Double Tax Agreement (DTA)
- Loan administration services are taxable as ‘debt collection’
- Change of use for capital goods
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.