In this week's tax update:
- OECD publishes two reports on the taxation of personal savings and wealth
- HMRC opens consultation on tax abuse and insolvency
- Consultation on CGT payment window for residential property gains
- Could CGT calculations agreed by closure notice subsequently be adjusted?
PAYE and employment
- FTT finds that intermediaries legislation did not apply
- Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) rules against SDLT scheme promoter
- HMRC clarifies tax treatment of ‘cross-border’ property transactions
- Consultation on measures to prevent profit fragmentation
- Offshore time limits consultation – application to corporate structures
- Reduction in scope to the VAT exemption for Cost Sharing Groups
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.