Smith & Williamson continues to monitor updates from public health bodies and the Government related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our primary objective is to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all our stakeholders, including staff, clients and third parties.
Risk management and operational effectiveness are a key strategic priority for the firm. We have in place a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP), which is reviewed regularly. Specific to this year’s outbreak, we have undertaken a number of important changes to our working practices, which we outline below:
- Our offices are all COVID-19 secure in line with appropriate Government advice
- Staff that need to work from the office are able to do so in line with our site protocols and maximum occupancies
- We continue to support staff to work from home where it is appropriate for them to do so
- Please be assured that you are able to speak to your usual Smith & Williamson contact using the same phone number and they have full access to any emails that you send to them.
- We are able to accommodate client meetings virtually, by telephone or on site in line with office protocols, taking into account client preference.
- Cleaning regimes have increased, including all common touch-points at entrances and lifts, with everyone’s health and wellbeing as our priority.
- We are publishing, on a regular basis, insights and commentary to support private clients, businesses, charities and professional advisers on our dedicated website hub.
- While we cannot predict developments over the coming months, please be assured that we are continuing to take all sensible precautions to minimise the potential impact on clients, staff and operations and ensure business as usual.
- In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to help at this difficult time, please contact us.
Notes to editors
Smith & Williamson is an independently owned professional and financial services group with over 1,800 people. The group is a leading provider of investment management, financial advisory and accountancy services to private clients, professional practices and mid-to-large corporates. The group has twelve offices; these are in London, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham, Dublin (City and Sandyford), Glasgow, Guildford, Jersey, Salisbury and Southampton.