Smith & Williamson continues to monitor updates from public health bodies and the Government related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our primary objective is to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all our stakeholders, including staff, clients and third parties.
Risk management and operational effectiveness are a key strategic priority for the firm. We have in place a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP), which is reviewed regularly. Specific to this unprecedented event, we have already undertaken a number of important changes to our working practices, which we outline below:
- As the Government has advised, the vast majority of our staff are now working remotely from home and are able to access our systems within a secure environment.
- A small number of staff will continue to work in our offices to maintain key business operations, using a split-rota system. We recognise particularly the dedication and efforts made by these colleagues in such challenging circumstances.
- Please be assured that you will be able to speak to your usual Smith & Williamson contact using the same phone number and they have full access to any emails that you send to them. Staff have been encouraged to hold client meetings by telephone or Skype wherever possible, taking into account client preference.
- A number of provisions, such as the deep cleaning of office space, have been increased significantly, including all common touch-points at entrances and lifts, with everyone’s health and wellbeing as our number one priority.
- We have cancelled all our physical events for the foreseeable future. During this time, however, we will utilise all technologies available to us, including webinars and podcasts.
- We are also publishing, on a regular basis, insights to support private clients, businesses, charities and professional advisers on our dedicated website hub.
The coronavirus outbreak is clearly a fast-moving situation. While we cannot predict when it will peak or subside, please be assured that we are taking all sensible precautions to minimise its potential impact on clients, staff and operations. This will help us to ensure business as usual during what is typically a busy time of year for many.
In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to help at this difficult time, please contact us.
Notes to editors
Smith & Williamson is an independently owned professional and financial services group with over 1,800 people. The group is a leading provider of investment management, financial advisory and accountancy services to private clients, professional practices and mid-to-large corporates. The group has twelve offices; these are in London, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham, Dublin (City and Sandyford), Glasgow, Guildford, Jersey, Salisbury and Southampton.