Areas of expertise
Financial Services, Corporate restructuring and insolvency, including: charities; pensions; fraud and asset tracing; renewables; property including hotels.
Adam has over 15 years of restructuring and insolvency experience, acting as an appointment-taking insolvency practitioner since 2010. Adam’s specialisms have included not-for-profit, pension, retail and financial sector assignments, as well as complex and sometimes international insolvencies involving asset tracing.
He also undertakes pension employer covenant reviews, and was previously seconded to the Serious Fraud Office. Has acted as receiver under the proceeds of crime legislation and acted as liquidator in a number of overseas jurisdictions.
- Special administrator of European Pensions Management Limited. Achieved the successful transfer of over 6,000 clients’ assets (amounting to over £600m).
- Administrator of British Association for Adopting and Fostering. Administrator of Eiffel Steelworks, including successful sale and employment continuity for over 60 personnel.
- Liquidator of Pacific Continental, working with the Financial Services Compensation Scheme to investigate thousands of claims from the public who had suffered losses following its collapse. Also liquidator of Olympic Airlines (UK branch).
- On the approved list for the Charity Commission’s Interim Managers; and the Serious Fraud Office (SFO)/ National Crime Agency (NCA)/ Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) enforcement/management receivers under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Winner of the 2019 TRI Awards Corporate Restructuring IP of the Year category.
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and member of R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals, Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA) and Employer Covenant Working Group (ECWG).