Areas of expertise
Expert witness advice in the assessment of quantum, such as loss of profits and/or loss of value, in commercial disputes, including litigation and international arbitration
Adrian has over ten years’ experience of providing expert witness advice in disputes under various forums including arbitrations under different rules (notably ICSID, ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL and JCAA) and in UK courts. The type of engagements Adrian has been involved in typically require an assessment of loss of profits and/or loss of value.
Adrian has worked with clients across a wide range of sectors including financial services, automotive, telecommunications, manufacturing, IT, retail, energy, electronics and mining. He has acted on matters for clients based in various regions including the UK, Europe, the Middle East and the CIS countries.
Notable client work and achievements
- Valuations of various banks as subjects of investor-state disputes
- Loss calculations for claims against card payment schemes relating to the overcharging of transaction fees
- Assessment of two companies as part of a dispute resulting from the exercise of a MAE/MAC clause related to the impact of Covid-19
- SPA dispute relating to accounting provisions made in the warranted accounts of an African oil and gas company
- Valuation of an investment in a methane-gas extraction facility in an investor-state dispute
- Assessment of the accounting of assets as part of a dispute brought by the administrators of a company against a former director
- Calculation of loss relating to the delay in the transfer of IP as part of a transaction
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Member of the ICAEW’s Forensic & Expert Witness Community