Areas of expertise
Settlement operations; fund administration; unit trust/OEIC; regulation -CASS; COLL; FUND; COBS; UCITS; IA SORP.
At Smith & Williamson, Brian's role is to ensure that settlement operations provide quality client service and care to external and internal clients. Brian has 20 years' financial services experience, focusing on all aspects of settlement operations and, since 2010, fund administration. Brian is highly experienced in UK/international settlement, corporate actions, operational assurance, nominee maintenance, UT/OEIC creation and ongoing management, transfer agency and fund/tax accounting.
- Established settlement operation/fund administration hub in Glasgow.
- Sponsored the implementation of RDR, IA 2014 SORP, FATCA, AIFMD and UCITS IV/V for Smith & Williamson.
- Helped grow SWFAL fund range to +160 funds.
- Member of PIMFA operations committee and the Investment Association operations committee.
- Brian is a Fellow Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI).