Areas of expertise
Corporate restructuring and insolvency including: financial services,, education and charities, business support & advisory, Independent Business Reviews (IBRs) and solvent liquidations/reorganisations.
Chris has 18 years’ experience in delivering corporate advisory and restructuring services to lenders, directors, shareholders and other key stakeholders across a range of sectors.
He is a licenced insolvency practitioner and has dealt with cases ranging from owner-managed businesses to large multinational companies.
Chris is part of the Smith & Williamson national creditor services team that provides professional client representation at creditor meetings.
Notable client work and achievements
- Accelerated marketing exercise for independent school in the Midlands with successful sale achieved resulting in school remaining open, secured lender’s debt being recovered in full and unsecured creditors being paid in full in subsequent liquidation.
- Accelerated marketing exercise and a successful pre-pack administration sale of FCA regulated SIPP, FURB and Security Trustee business to ensure conituity of service for over 4,000 clients.
- Trading administration of window and door manufacturer to achieve a sale of the business and assets as a going concern securing the jobs of the majority of the workforce and full recovery for all secured creditors.
- Independent business reviews on a variety of charitable and cultural organisations for a state body.
- Solvent liquidation of holding company for manufacturer of pump and water boosting solutions, distributing c£50m to shareholders.
A licenced insolvency practitioner and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW), the Insolvency Practitioners Association (IPA) and R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals.