Areas of expertise
Income tax; capital gains tax; inheritance tax.
Chris’ client base mostly comprises executives, senior employees and partners, with a specific focus on the legal and financial services sector.
Along with dealing with annual tax compliance for these individuals, Chris provides proactive advice on income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax issues.
Chris also specialises in advising on UK residential property, particularly the relief from capital gains tax for the family home.
- Advice to entrepreneurs on the multi-million pound exit from their business.
- The use of wrappers to maximise returns on investments and to pass wealth on to the next generation.
- Appointed single joint expert on numerous occasions, particularly in divorce cases where expertise is required regarding the tax treatment of UK property.
- Co-author of Capital Gains Tax and the Private Residence.
- Listed in Tax Journal’s Top 40 Under 40 in 2015.
Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, MA in taxation.