Areas of expertise
Agriculture; Land Owners; Landed Estates; Accounting; Tax planning.
Clive Buckland has 30 years' experience of advising a substantial portfolio of farmers and landowners on accounting, taxation and business matters. He has particular expertise in structuring farming businesses tax efficiently and in succession planning. He advises across full range of taxes including inheritance, capital gains, VAT, SDLT, income and corporation taxes.
Notable client work and achievements
- Negotiating with HMRC to obtain business property relief from inheritance tax on a property portfolio of 25 residential and commercial lets.
- Structuring of substantial farm business across three generations to achieve succession, reduced annual tax liabilities and protection from future inheritance tax liabilities.
- Incorporation of large fruit grower including use of share farming and contract farming agreements to minimise annual tax liabilities.
- Negotiating with HMRC to obtain full capital allowance claim on new potato store.
- Structuring land development disposals to reduce capital gains tax using entrepreneurs and rollover relief claims.