Areas of expertise
Expert witness skilled at assessing quantum of damages in commercial disputes between parties embroiled in litigation / international arbitration.
David provides expert witness services, including providing oral testimony before a Court or Tribunal, in high value disputes across a range of industries and across the globe. Typically such disputes involve breach of contract, breach of warranty, business interruption, misrepresentation or fraud, and involve a loss of profits and/or loss of value claim.
He also carries out investigations into the financial affairs of corporate entities and individuals. David also acts for intellectual property owners in relation to royalties due under license / royalty agreements.
Notable client work and achievements
- Government inquiry into the collapse of the car manufacturer MG Rover
- Report into circular transactions at an Irish Bank
Multi-billion dollar dispute regarding a gas-processing facility in Iraq
- Copyright Tribunal relating to online music
- Valuation of Northern Rock at the date it was taken into public ownership
- Unfair prejudice claim brought by minority shareholders in a UAE construction company
- Dispute between the buyer and seller of a coal-fired power station
Chartered Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner