Areas of expertise
As well as dealing with general business problems and property issues, he has a lot of experience in the following specialist areas:
- agricultural business insolvencies
- derivative traders
- motor sport restructurings
- fraud and asset tracing
- pension fund deficits
- financial services
- metals and soft commodities
- not for profit organisations including charities
Finbarr is a chartered accountant and a licensed insolvency practitioner. He has been involved in restructuring and insolvency assignments for the last 33 years. Finbarr is equally comfortable when advising debtors as well as creditors and has always seen his role as that of a “problem solver” for his clients.
Notable client work and achievements
- Finbarr is the joint administrator for Caterham Sports Limited and used crowd funding to bring the Caterham Formula 1 Team to Abu Dhabi for the final race of the 2014 Formula 1 season. Previous appointments include the administration of companies which sold stamp duty mitigation schemes to the public; operating an agricultural business which was a supplier to the supermarkets and a foreign exchange dealing business operating through a Company Voluntary Arrangement.
- Finbarr heads up the practice’s contentious insolvency group.
- Professional qualifications/memberships
- Chartered accountant and a licensed insolvency practitioner.
- Finbarr is a past president of the Insolvency Practitioners’ Association.