Areas of expertise
Audit and assurance; professional partnerships; charities; independent schools; owner-managed businesses.
Fiona joined Smith & Williamson in 2016 having previously been with a ‘big four’ firm for 17 years.She is an audit and assurance partner specialising in professional partnerships, charities and owner-managed businesses.
She acts as the main point of contact, co-ordinating the firm’s services to her clients. In addition to audit services she provides advice on governance, risk, internal controls and systems, charity commission inspections, managing charity trading subsidiaries and maximising business planning.
- Advised partnerships on compliance matters as well as conducting internal efficiency reviews.
- Extensive experience of advising a wide range of local and national charities.
- Client relationship lead on a varied portfolio of corporates and their owners.
- Drafted the registered social housing SORP for compliance with FSR102.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and holder of a diploma in charity accounting.