Areas of expertise
Retail; leisure; property; restructuring and recovery; insolvency.
Gil is a partner in Bristol office’s recovery and restructuring services, covering the South West of England and South Wales. Gil specialises in a range of sectors, including retail, leisure and property and has led on a number of prominent cases in the South West. He was worked in the industry/profession for over 40 years including 17 years at a Big Four firm, working in Plymouth.
- The Administration of the property portfolio of MyLocal chain of 136 retail outlets.
- The CVA of Monarch Aircraft Engineering Ltd following the collapse of the Monarch aircraft group.
- The pre-pack sale of Britain’s third-largest mobile phone retailer, JAG Communications. A two-week deal that enabled 75 outlets to continue trading, saving 250 jobs and receiving national recognition.
- Sale of Castle Granite Ltd, a granite quarry and aggregates.
- Licensed insolvency practitioner and Member of R3: The Association of Business Recovery Professionals.