Areas of expertise
Income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, residence and domicile
Helen advises individuals on all aspects of private client tax, succession and estate planning.
Her client base focusses on high net worth individuals and their families, with significant experience advising UK resident and non-UK domiciled individuals.
Helen is a member of the firm’s Media & Entertainment group.
- Pre-arrival planning in the UK for a musician from South East Asia
- Advice to a UK resident businessman regarding becoming deemed domiciled in the UK and opportunities for tax planning
- Extensive experience in offshore disclosures to HMRC in relation to clients with overseas assets
- Advising a family who are planning to leave the UK and the application of the Statutory Residence Test
- Inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning for a significant and high-profile family estate
- Advice to an angel investor in relation to the taxation of cryptoassets exchanges and disposals
- Valued advice in relation to Entrepreneurs’ Relief and ways in which a family could maximise the relief in anticipation of the sale of a large family owned business
Helen is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and Association of Taxation Technicians.