Areas of expertise
Personal tax advice; high-net-worth individuals; owner-managed businesses; trusts (UK and offshore); non-UK domiciled individuals; divorce.
Julia has a wide range of tax experience and advises clients from both a personal and corporate tax perspective. She provides bespoke tax advice to businesses and their owners and stakeholders, trustees both in the UK and offshore and multi-national families on residence and domicile. Julia has a particular specialism in advising on property structuring and inter-generational wealth planning. Julia's resume includes providing expert witness advice in divorce cases.
Julia regularly provides media commentary for press and TV including the BBC, Sky News, Financial Times, The Telegraph, City A.M., Midlands Insider, Birmingham Business, YourMoney.com and Investors Chronicle.
- Recognised as top recommended tax and trust accountant in The Spear’s 500 guide, 2021 edition.
- Creation of family investment companies designed to pass wealth onto the next generation while keeping control with the older generation.
- Securing entrepreneurs’ relief on a large area of land sold to property developers, saving a significant amount in capital gains tax (CGT).
- Structuring of a property investment LLP in order to create greater tax efficiencies in respect of future disposals.
- Restructuring of a corporate property portfolio helping to reduce future potential inheritance tax (IHT) charges and corporation tax on gains.
- Creation of an appropriate overseas structure for a non-UK domiciled client with substantial UK and overseas interests, including art, investments and property.
Non-practising solicitor and a member of both the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).