Areas of expertise
Personal tax advice; high-net-worth individuals; owner-managed businesses; trusts (UK and offshore); non-UK domiciled individuals; divorce.
Julia has a wide range of tax experience having worked in both the corporate and personal tax arenas but her main emphasis is on high-net-worth individuals, owner-managed businesses, trusts (UK and offshore) and non-UK domiciled individuals. She provides bespoke tax advice for individuals, trustees and businesses. Julia also provides expert advice in divorce cases.
- Creation of family investment companies designed to pass wealth onto the next generation while keeping control with the older generation.
- Securing entrepreneurs’ relief on a large area of land sold to property developers, saving a significant amount in capital gains tax (CGT).
- Structuring of a property investment LLP in order to create greater tax efficiencies in respect of future disposals.
- Restructuring of a corporate property portfolio helping to reduce future potential inheritance tax (IHT) charges and corporation tax on gains.
- Creation of an appropriate overseas structure for a non-UK domiciled client with substantial UK and overseas interests, including art, investments and property.
Non-practising solicitor and a member of both the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).