Areas of expertise
Due diligence; valuations; debt advisory; lead advisory.
Marcus heads Smith & Williamson’s Transaction Services team based in Bristol. He is a corporate finance specialist with over 12 years’ experience advising on transactions.
Marcus joined Smith & Williamson from a “Big 4” firm in 2017 and specialises in financial due diligence. He has a broad corporate and professional network and has advised clients ranging from owner-managed businesses and PE portfolio investments to financial institutions, substantial private enterprises and large listed companies.
Marcus provides insights, analysis and advice on capital transactions across a broad range of sectors including manufacturing, manpower services, technology and financial services.
Notable client work and achievements
- Due diligence on a series of bolt on targets for a PE-backed client in the fire safety services sector
- Due diligence for Michelmersh Brick Holdings plc (AIM listed) on the acquisition of private brick maker Carlton Brick Ltd
- Due diligence on the acquisition of a provider of complex engineering services for the automotive industry
- Due diligence for a Nordic private equity firm on the acquisition of a slaughterhouse equipment manufacturer
- Due diligence on a chain of restaurants (Rockfish) for a PE investor and a bank.
- Due diligence on a regional airport.
Marcus has a degree in Economics from Cambridge University, is a chartered accountant (ACA) and is a holder of the Corporate Finance Qualification (CFq)