Areas of expertise
Discretionary Investment Management: private clients, trusts and pension funds.
Mark began his professional career in 1996 working within small local firms. After a number of years he moved into the wealth management industry training as an Investment Manager with Gerrard Investment Management, part of Old Mutual. Gerrard later became part of Barclays Wealth, where Mark became Regional Centre Head covering the Midlands.
Mark joined Smith & Williamson in 2008 opening the Birmingham office. As well as heading the local investment management team, he has overall responsibility for the investment management teams in both the Bristol and Guildford offices. Mark is also a member of the Smith & Williamson Financial Services Executive Committee.
- Managing a broad range of clients with longer-term investment objectives
- Specialises in managing private clients' portfolios
- Day-to-day running of the local businesses
- MBA with Merit from Birmingham Business School
- Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) Diploma
- BA with Distinction from Coventry University
- Financial Planning Certificates
- Chartered Fellow of the CISI