Areas of expertise
Capital gains tax (CGT); inheritance tax (IHT); trusts; domicile; residency; offshore private client tax; classical musicians.
Mark provides UK taxation advice to individuals, families and trustees. He has particular expertise in advising on residency and domicile, including in relation to interests in offshore trusts and foundations. This often entails working with professional advisers in other countries.
He has specialist knowledge of the classical music sector and gives advice to individual artists, their management and orchestras.
- Advising on international structuring and nature of activities to attract business property relief.
- Consideration of double tax treaties to determine residency and withholding position.
- Engagements by both the International Artist Managers’ Association and the
- Association of British Orchestras to provide tax consultancy to their memberships.
- Also serves as CEO of the Leeds International Piano Competition.
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and a Chartered Tax Adviser.