Areas of expertise
Income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax.
Martin provides UK income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax planning advice to a range of clients, including entrepreneurs, sports people and non-UK domiciled individuals, as well as handling their annual tax compliance obligations.
- Martin is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and Association of Taxation Technicians.
Notable client work and achievements
- Advising the shareholders of a UK company on the implications of a sale of a majority stake in their company to a third party purchaser, including the exercise of EMI share options, granting of put/call options and availability of entrepreneurs’ relief.
- Advising the head of a family on reorganising his estate to maximise the availability of inheritance tax reliefs and how land, chattels and business interest could be gifted to his children in a tax efficient manner.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into the tax returns of UK sportspeople, focussing on their historic use of image rights arrangements.
- Advising on the tax implications for two minority shareholders of a corporate restructuring ahead of a potential listing and subsequent sale of shares to an external investor.
- Listed in eprivateclient Top 35 under 35 in 2018.