Areas of expertise
Direct tax advisory and compliance services to businesses, particularly in the real estate and financial services sectors.
Sarah started her career in the firm’s Assurance department gaining a strong accounting background which underpins her ability to effectively advise on corporate transactions.
She has enjoyed long standing client relationships; seeing those businesses through internal changes such as growth and reorganisations, and external changes in the reporting and tax environment such as the adoption of new accounting frameworks and ever evolving tax legislation.
During her career in tax Sarah has advised on numerous corporate transactions including acquisitions, disposals, incorporations, management buyouts and financing.
Notable client work and achievements
- Structuring group reorganisations and helping to manage the tax implications for businesses
- Advice to shareholders on the sale of their businesses for shares, loans and cash whilst planning for and preserving Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- Projects involving the tax efficient reorganisation of corporate debt
- An active member of the firm’s Real Estate group
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)