Areas of expertise
Restructuring and recovery; advising distressed businesses; business reviews; investigations; Insolvency Act appointments; solvent liquidations/reorganisations.
Over 30 years restructuring and recovery experience across a wide range of sectors including property and construction, charities, healthcare, marine and electronics.
Steve is known for his considered and pragmatic approach to finding solutions to insolvency issues combined with a rare attention to detail.
His approach is to achieve the best outcome for the company and its stakeholders, only using formal insolvency procedures where needed. He has an excellent track record in achieving going concern sales of businesses to maximise creditor returns.
He also has significant experience of solvent liquidations, both stand alone and as part of more complex group re-organisations.
- Administration of flexible circuit board manufacturer. Continued trading programme to realise work in progress and complete critical orders achieving significantly enhanced recoveries and full recovery for secured creditor, who had expected a shutdown and substantial shortfall.
- Two advisory assignments for High Street bank leading to successful negotiated resolution of major shareholder disputes.
- Receivership of 148ft working sail training tall ship. Nature of asset and background circumstances presented some unusual and complex challenges.
- Administration of owner of public house in East London. Hostile appointment with tenant, planning and title issues. Achieved successful sale and full repayment of bank.
- Chartered Accountant and Licensed Insolvency Practitioner.