Areas of expertise
Tim works primarily with individuals approaching retirement, or business owners who are looking to or recently sold a business. He specialises in Ethical Investing and is part of the Smith & Williamson Investment Committee in Bristol, with responsibility for the Ethical Portfolios in the Advisory Portfolio Service.
His ambition to help people initially led to an interest in psychology, now using this background to provide statistical analysis of savings and to understand how investment experience can affect behaviour. He helps explain how savings, investments and pensions can be used as part of a bespoke financial plan to achieve clients’ goals.
This includes calculating when work can be stopped or reduced, making sure family are cared for (including inheritance tax planning) and reviewing pensions built up from current and previous employment.
Tim has been involved in financial services and investments for ten years. In addition to the diploma in regulated financial planning he holds a number of advanced qualifications on pensions, financial planning and investments.
He enjoys helping people with complex financial positions, intricate pension work, and working with professional advisers, to make things clearer and more manageable.
- 2018 award for the highest score in the Chartered Insurance Institute Advanced Financial Planning exam in the Bristol region.
- Member of the Chartered Insurance Institute and Personal Finance Society
- Insurance Institute of Bristol Council Member
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- Certificate in Long Term Care