Areas of expertise
Tim is an experienced restructuring professional, working with stressed and distressed corporates to deliver turnarounds and implement formal restructuring processes. His key areas of expertise include;
- Supporting management teams to formulate and deliver turnaround strategies;
- Assisting management to gain the support of their stakeholders and raise additional funding to deliver turnarounds;
- Advising management and their financial stakeholders on their options in distressed situations;
- Completing accelerated fund-raising processes to rescue distressed businesses;
- Implementing formal restructuring processes including company voluntary arrangements to support turnarounds, administrations and liquidations where there are no alternative options available.
Tim has a breadth of corporate turnaround and restructuring experience gained since 2001, predominantly within the Big Four. He also has specialist banking experience, having spent five years at Barclays Bank where he provided funding and strategic advice to support management teams to deliver turnarounds.
Tim has delivered solutions for businesses across huge range of sectors, and from local owner managed businesses to large international corporates.
Notable client work and achievements
- Supported management of a large international aerospace business to develop and implement a turnaround strategy.
- Rescued Sponge Ltd through completing a solvent sale, which allowed existing management to continue to run the business and retain some equity. This won Insider deal of the month.
- Completed a solvent sale of Nampak Plastics Europe Ltd, an underperforming subsidiary of a large international group.
- Rescued Saltrock Surfwear through a pre-pack administration sale to Crew Clothing. This was achieved within two weeks to avoid insolvency due to a pending winding-up petition.
- Rescued Cox and Kings Travel Ltd, the worlds oldest travel agency, through a pre-pack administration sale to Abercrombie & Kent. This required securing the support of multiple stakeholders with a number of complex and competing requirements.
- Completed the administration of Gulliver’s Truck Hire Ltd, where we gained the support of multiple asset funders to continue trading the business in administration to deliver several transactions for packages of commercial vehicles. This significantly enhanced the returns to asset funders, minimising the need for vehicle repossessions and auction sales.
- Licenced Insolvency Practitioner