Understanding which business activities qualify for tax credits and reliefs – and being able to make the most of them – can help your business make big savings and attract investment.
Many businesses undertaking creative or innovative work in science and technology are missing out on tax relief by failing to claim research and development (R&D) tax credits and reliefs. Even if you’re already making R&D claims, it is worth reviewing whether you’re getting the maximum relief. Particularly generous rewards are available to small and medium-sized enterprises.
Access to tax relief expertise can also help if your business is looking to raise funds. Putting the right structure in place so that investors can maximise the tax relief available through schemes such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Venture Capital Trusts (VCT) can be a key factor in attracting investment.
Meeting your needs
You’ll have direct access to highly qualified tax relief experts with the skills and experience to successfully manage your claim and advise on business structure.
You’ll get a very personal service, tailored to the precise needs of your business.
We will negotiate on your behalf with HMRC, with whom we have an excellent working relationship, and minimise the time and effort involved for your business.
How we can help
- R&D reviews: Reviewing your R&D activities and costs to determine which qualify for reliefs.
- R&D claims: Preparing robust R&D tax claims and advising on the viability and likelihood of success. We also have a bespoke R&D calculator so you can see how much your business could reclaim.
- EIS/VCT planning: Working with you and your investors to plan and structure EIS/VCT schemes, including advice on the structure of groups and identifying areas of risk.
- EIS/VCT reporting: Preparing relevant forms and reviewing qualifying conditions on an ongoing basis.
- Administration: Corresponding with HMRC on claims and helping with record-keeping as well as structuring accounting systems to ensure the tax claim process is efficient in the future.
We have a high success rate and have helped our clients claim millions of pounds worth of R&D tax credits and relief.
Many of our clients have been with us for decades and our low staff turnover provides continuity through the different phases of the business lifecycle.
We are proud winners of numerous industry awards.