Smith & Williamson Fund Administration Limited (SWFAL) offers a full-service fund administration solution for UK collective investment schemes (eg OEICs / Unit Trusts). We take full regulatory responsibility for the establishment and ongoing servicing of the funds to which it acts as the Authorised Corporate Director (ACD) or equivalent.
Working closely with clients and sponsors, SWFAL provides the specialist expertise and focus needed to ensure the funds adhere to the considerable regulatory oversight responsibilities.
Our robust fund governance ensures investor interest is at the very core of our service offering.
Meeting your needs
Proven track record
- SWFAL launched its first Unit Trust in 1985 and has since become one of the largest Host ACD providers in the UK
- We support 12 fund sponsors, as well as c.40 Investment Managers, providing in house Host ACD / Authorised Fund Manager (AFM) and Fund Administration Services to £17.4bn assets under management across 165 funds (as at 30 September 2020)
- Our operation is based in Glasgow, a top 15 financial centre in Europe, providing direct access to experienced and specialist staff
- One site centre of excellence from our Glasgow operation. Teams include Pricing & Valuations, Statutory Reporting, ACD & AFM Fund Oversight and Transfer Agency
- Within our role as ACD we have daily direct oversight capability of the fund administration, with no need to periodically oversee third party activities over multiple locations
- Broad external delegate relationships
- Strong governance structure which includes 3 independent non-executive directors on the board
- Extensive experience in supporting clients, delivering strategic goals and expanding their current offerings
- A dedicated Relationship Manager, and supporting team, to cover all ACD and Fund Administration elements with wider support and expertise from within the business
- Our strong established relationships with major global custodians, auditors and lawyers using economies of scale to deliver value for money
Annual Report Publication Extension
Due to COVID-19 and the appointment of new auditors SWFAL have notified the FCA that the reporting date for the Annual Report & Accounts will be extended by two months. The funds impacted can be found here.