Managed portfolio service
A managed portfolio service dedicated to providing high-quality investment management may be the ideal, cost-effective solution for your clients.
Managing an investment portfolio is a complex challenge, requiring constant monitoring and support. Our Managed Portfolio Service (MPS) is designed to address these issues, providing six core risk-rated models to meet your clients’ needs.
The models are actively managed and built using a range of investment tools including open-ended funds, investment companies and exchange-traded funds. This structure offers diversification by asset class and product type, giving our investment managers the flexibility to respond to changing market conditions.
The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not receive back the original amount invested.
Meeting your needs
We have more than 170 investment managers, which includes over 55 who are also specialists in collective investment research.
You’ll have direct access to the MPS team looking after your clients’ portfolios.
No set rebalancing dates, enabling our MPS managers to amend asset and country weightings as and when their views on markets and sectors change.
We closely monitor all of our model portfolios to ensure they stay within the permitted risk parameters. The models are also checked quarterly by Distribution Technology, an independent provider of risk profiling services.
You’ll have access to a range of risk-graded model portfolios through online investment platforms such as Ascentric, Novia and Transact, using Distribution Technology’s risk and asset allocation outputs.
How we can help
There are six core risk-rated strategies available, managed to align with models 3-8 out of Distribution Technology’s 10 grades:
- Defensive: Preserving capital in inflation-adjusted terms with up to 85% in defensive assets such as bonds and property.
- Defensive Income: Defensive total returns with above-average income, investing 35-60% in global stock markets.
- Balanced Income: Diversified across major asset classes to provide balanced returns through a combination of investment income and capital growth, with 55-70% invested in global stock markets.
- Balanced Growth: Investing actively across defensive and riskier asset classes, with 65-85% in global equities.
- Growth: Long-term growth through over 90% stock market allocation across a wide range of developed markets, with an emphasis on UK company shares.
- Dynamic Growth: Investing actively with 100% equity investment across a variety of global markets - including up to 50% in Asia and emerging markets.
Source: Smith & Williamson Investment Management and StatPro as at 31/12/18
Capital at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not receive back the original amount invested.