Complementary investment services
Over and above our expertise in investment management, we also offer a range of flexible, complementary services that take advantage of our breadth of experience.
In addition to discretionary or non-discretionary investment management, you may need guidance on efficient forms of investment, such as pensions and savings, school fees planning, or you may want to set up accounts for your children and grandchildren.
Some families seek advice on succession planning and transferring wealth through the generations.
Many clients increasingly have an international dimension to their finances. You might be looking for advice on rules surrounding offshore investments or multi-jurisdictional living arrangements.
These are complex areas of investment management, where experts familiar with your affairs can make a significant difference.
The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the original amount invested.
Meeting your needs
We recognise that everyone’s financial aspirations are different. That’s why we offer a highly personal service, tailored to your individual circumstances.
Our joined-up approach means you will have direct access to senior staff from across our diverse business, including pension specialists and tax planners. We will also co-ordinate with your other advisers where necessary, so that you reduce the amount of time spent dealing with multiple advisers.
How we can help
In addition to discretionary or non-discretionary investment management, we have a number of additional or alternative services;
- Advisory portfolio service: If you prefer to retain more control over your portfolio and make your own investment decisions, we can provide expert advice and analysis.
- Offshore portfolio management: Our international teams based in Jersey and London can provide services for multi-jurisdictional clients, including offshore companies, trusts and UK-resident non-domiciled individuals.
- Portfolio management for charities: Our specialist teams can build a bespoke portfolio to meet the ethical and financial needs of institutional charities and professional trustees.
- ISAs and pensions: For UK residents, we can help to set up all forms of tax-efficient ISAs (Individual Savings Accounts) as part of a portfolio. We can also help set up a SIPP (Self-Invested Personal Pension) and offer detailed advice on all aspects of pension planning, no matter how complex.
- Family office services: We have a dedicated team who can manage all aspects of investment, tax and financial planning for families with complex financial needs.
- AIM portfolio service: Some inheritance tax advantages are currently available to investors in the AIM index, and we can help you take advantage of these opportunities while managing the higher levels of risk.
- Banking and cash management: As a licensed bank, we can provide current and deposit accounts in all major currencies, as well as settling investment transactions where necessary.
- Nominee company benefits: We are able to trade, on better terms, on your behalf by holding securities in our own name.
- Regular reporting services: Including contract notes, and reviews as often as required – monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or on an annual basis.
- 24/7/365: Our private client online facility allows you to log in and view your account at any time. View valuations, access our range of services or enjoy a range of thought leadership and insight publications.
Our private banking service is provided by Smith & Williamson Investment Services Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.
Your eligible (UK only) deposits with Smith & Williamson Investment Services Limited are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above the £85,000 limit are unlikely to be covered.
Capital at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not receive back the original amount invested.
Investment management - Private client