Clearly defining and refining business and financial objectives can save a great deal of time, money and aggravation at every stage of your business journey - and can be the key to survival if you’re experiencing financial difficulty.
A sustainable business model requires a clear understanding of all the potential options available. Making the right commercial decisions will help you maximise efficiency, reduce operating costs and improve performance - all of which are critical to long-term business success.
High-quality strategic advice can help your business to optimise performance at any point in its lifecycle. Making sure you have financial and strategic control will help prevent problems from arising; while if you run into difficulties, the right advice can help you get back on track.
Meeting your needs
We have a wealth of experience and specialist sector knowledge based on working on assignments of all sizes and with a wide range of clients, from public limited companies to owner-managed businesses and entrepreneurs.
We understand how important your business is to you, as well as taking an objective view of the interests of other parties. We get to know your operation inside out, pull together all the relevant financial information and help you make critical, commercial decisions in a timely manner.
Our partner-led approach provides fast, practical, straightforward solutions tailored to your needs – often working directly with business owners to make the right decisions to secure long-term financial benefits.
We can help shoulder the burden of tough business decisions based on a wealth of hands-on, commercial experience. We will exhaust all options before considering formal insolvency.
We offer a safe pair of hands to leading banks, asset-based lenders, UK and overseas institutions, solicitors and other intermediaries, as well as working directly with companies and individuals, to provide the service best suited to the situation.
You'll have access to a full toolkit of advisory services, option reviews and financial modelling to determine the viability of your business, from handling creditors (including HM Revenue & Customs) and protecting your personal interests, to easing cashflow issues and advice on funding options.
How we can help
- Corporate simplification: Working with corporate groups to reorganise or rationalise their structure and reduce their administrative and compliance costs including intra-group trade transfers, risk management and dormant company disposal.
- Closure management: Supporting an orderly close down of a trading business to minimise liabilities when a business comes to the end of its useful life.
- Retirements and special purpose vehicles: Legally closing down solvent companies and returning share capital to shareholders.
Group reconstruction and rollovers of investment: Reorganisation of groups in a tax-efficient way to help one or more shareholders dispose of part or all of their interest(s).
- Business and liquidity reviews: Advice and recommendations to lenders and other financial stakeholders on the options available when a business is nearing or has reached insolvency.
- Contingency planning: Working with directors and managers to find the best possible routes out of a crisis.
- Operational advice: Reviewing and enhancing processes, controls and management structures, as well as advising on key commercial risks, analysing business performance and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Strategic business advice: Advising on strategic options to ensure the survival or improvement of your business including business plans, financial models, stakeholder assessment and refinancing assistance.
- Interim management: Providing chief restructuring officers, new board appointments and/or interim management, implementing a business restructure, enhancing performance, assisting with asset sales, reviewing systems, reducing overheads or helping to plan a managed exit.
- Cashflow management: Helping you to manage and collect debts, phase supplier payments, negotiate with creditors, dispose of non-core assets, prepare short-term cashflow forecasts and communicate with other stakeholders.
- Debt advisory (senior lenders): Business and options review, lender strategy, contingency and exit planning, viability and solvency reviews, turnaround and restructuring services.
- Debt advisory (asset-based lenders): Pre-lending and independent business reviews and recovery work.
- Debt advisory (borrowers): Contingency planning, debt raising and refinancing, short and medium-term cashflow planning and management.
A top ten UK accountancy firm, as ranked by Accountancy Age. (Source: Accountancy Age, 2018)
The majority of our work comes from referrals through our established relationships with intermediaries and former clients.
A member of R3: the association of business recovery professionals.
Our partners and directors regularly contribute commentary on restructuring and recovery issues in the national and trade press.
Representatives on the Charity Commission Interim Manager and Proceeds of Crime receivership (‘POCA’) panels.