Financial due diligence
Due diligence is critical for providing comfort over and insight into the past and projected performance of a business, identifying unrecorded liabilities, highlighting areas of risk and informing potential mitigating action.
Our cost-effective approach involves agreeing a scope of work tailored to your requirements and focusing on your key points of interest. We will give you our honest opinion and a clear and direct solution that enables you to make informed decisions on a financial transaction.
Our range of services covers underlying historical performance, projections and sensitivities, working capital requirements, cash flows, internal control environment, accounting policies, business tax, employment taxes, indirect taxes, share schemes, pensions, IT, completion mechanics, warranties and indemnities and SPA advice. As well as in buy side situations, we can provide support for financing or refinancings, vendor due diligence, vendor assistance and pre and post-bid support.
Meeting your needs
We work closely with corporate vendors and purchasers, as well as private equity houses, banks and individual investors seeking authoritative due diligence and investigation services. This gives us a truly comprehensive field of experience from all sides of a transaction, enhancing the value of our reporting to you.
We can offer access to our in-house specialist teams where required, in areas from business tax to employee benefits.
Through our membership of Nexia International and our extensive network of contacts around the world, we can support your business if you’re expanding overseas, setting up in the UK or already operating internationally.
We understand the differing needs and requirements for each type of client: corporate, financial sponsor, lender, insurer etc. Furthermore, we work closely with you, listen to your priorities and understand your specific objectives, so our service, reporting and advice is uniquely tailored and focused to your circumstances.
We provide clarity on complex issues and strive to express views based on our extensive experience and the available evidence. The greater level of time invested by the partners and senior team members enables more insightful and valuable advice.
How we can help
- Financial investigations: Robust assessment of value drivers, the sustainability of earnings forecasts and key risks / exposures
- Sale and Purchase Agreement advisory: Maximising value in the price mechanism and mitigating risks, and assisting in the SPA negotiation.
- Completion accounts: Protecting or generating value through the execution of the completion mechanism
- Tax due diligence: Assessing all potential tax liabilities in terms of quantum and risk
- Tax structuring: Providing commercial, pragmatic solutions on the tax implications of the proposed structure of a transaction
- Vendor assistance and due diligence: Preparing vendors thoroughly for the rigours of a sale process by identifying early on the critical deal risks, informing mitigating action, and presenting them in balanced manner
- Sector analysis: Understanding the critical competitive issues affecting your industry and evaluating the best response.
- Exit studies: Assessing current deal activity and pricing, potential acquirers and price expectations.
- Value driver reports: Pinpointing the factors likely to enhance exit multiples in the prevailing market environment.
- Tailored assignments: Personalised solutions including abbreviated reports, pre-bid support work, vendor due diligence reviews, in-house reporting and more.
A top ten UK accountancy firm, as ranked by Accountancy Age. (Source: Accountancy Age, 2018)
Member of Nexia International, a top ten global network of independent accounting and consulting firms with over 500 offices in more than 120 countries.
Regular contributors of expert commentary on issues in the national and trade press.
Actively involved in leading trade and industry bodies shaping the changes affecting your business.
Significant financial due diligence assignments completed for all major banks, over 50 private equity houses and corporate acquirers throughout the world.