Fraud and financial crime
If you’ve been the victim of fraud or financial crime, you need to act quickly and thoroughly to protect your assets, business and reputation.
Speed of response is critical in the face of fraud, bribery and corruption or other financial crime. Being able to quickly establish the facts will help you put a robust plan in action to recover lost assets. Moving swiftly can also help you manage any damage to your reputation.
As one of the UK’s top 10 accountancy practices, we have a wide range of experience with fraud and financial crime investigations, but with fewer potential conflicts of interests in relation to audit appointments than our larger competitors. (Source: Accountancy Age, 2018)
You’ll have direct access to senior staff who will take a leading and hands-on role throughout any investigation. This can be a big advantage if a partner is required to act as an expert witness.
We work closely with lawyers and other advisers during investigations and have access to a global network of experts through our membership of Nexia International.
You’ll benefit from the expert knowledge of forensic accountants, investigators and technology specialists who have worked on hundreds of fraud and financial crime cases over the past 25 years.
How we can help
- Financial investigations: Helping you evaluate suspected fraud, bribery and corruption, and providing expert advice to determine how to proceed.
- Forensic data collection: Using the latest technology to ensure any evidence in criminal and civil litigation cases conforms to the relevant legal and regulatory requirements, as well as court standards.
- Asset tracing: Following the money using financial analysis to support freezing orders and civil recovery proceedings to identify hidden assets and recovery funds.
- Regulatory investigations: Working with regulatory authorities in the UK and overseas to achieve a speedy resolution and minimise any reputational damage.
- Anti-bribery and corruption: Assessing your requirements and advising on the introduction and maintenance of effective compliance monitoring programmes.
Our team comprises chartered accountants, certified fraud examiners and forensic technology experts with over 25 years’ experience in fraud and financial crime services.
We have carried out hundreds of investigations involving false accounting, procurement fraud, theft, allegations of impropriety, treasury fraud, bribery and corruption.
We have acted in investigations around the world, including the US, the Middle East, the Far East and Europe.
Our partners regularly speak at conferences and contribute expert commentary on forensic accounting, fraud and anti-money laundering.