When it comes to planning for retirement, pensions usually come high on the priority list. Whilst most people pay into some sort of pension, far fewer pay them the attention they deserve.
Have you reviewed your pension recently? Are you taking full advantage of this tax efficient way to build your wealth? Are you keeping up to date with the ongoing changes to regulations and the opportunities available?
Understanding your situation – your pension
Our pension specialists can assess your situation and help you plan for the retirement you want. A trusted adviser could:
- Make sure you're maximising your tax-free allowances
- Examine the key features, charges and special terms of legacy products
- Review your various schemes holistically and, if appropriate, rationalise them into one pension pot
- Help you access cash in the most efficient manner when appropriate
- Devise an investment strategy that is tailored to your circumstances, aims and objectives
Expert pension advice
You can draw on our expertise navigating all aspects of retirement planning, no matter how complex. For example:
- Setting up a SIPP (Self Invested Personal Pension)
- Advising on transferring legacy defined contribution and defined benefit pensions
- Advising on product suitability, income and tax planning
- Analysing pension options in poor health including pensions death benefit planning
- Planning to leave the UK
Your pension scheme is a long-term investment and if you'd like to check how your pension is affecting your overall retirement goals, our financial planners can review your entire plan.
At Smith & Williamson our financial planning team is experienced and stable, with more than half its members having worked with us for more than 10 years. You can rely on us to manage your pension, as well as your investments and tax, taking a long-term view.
If there's ever something you should know about your pension, for example a change to the regulations that affects you, we'll get in contact. So you can relax, knowing a trusted expert is proactively monitoring your situation.