Property tax issues
As a property owner, developer or investor it’s crucial you have the right advice on the tax implications of buying and selling property as well as on ever-changing tax legislation.
For example, if you’re a landlord with buy-to-let property, how will you be affected by changes such as the phasing in of a reduction in income tax relief on finance costs?
Other issues you may need help with include the appropriate structure for commercial and residential property ownership and disposal and how that impacts capital gains tax, stamp duty land tax, annual tax on enveloped dwellings and any potential sale.
Meeting your needs
You’ll have access to our highly qualified team of property tax specialists who will keep you informed of any changes in legislation and advise accordingly.
We don’t provide 'off the peg' solutions – all of our advice is carefully tailored to your specific property tax needs.
Our in-house colleagues include financial planners and investment managers who can provide you with a range of services where required.
How we can help
- Structuring: Advising on the appropriate structure for commercial and residential property ownership and disposal.
- Buy-to-let landlords: Advising on how reduced income tax relief on finance costs will affect your particular situation and the options available.
- Commercial landlords: Advising on the impact of tax changes and the availability of tax reliefs such as capital allowances.
- Multiple residences: Advising on the tax issues that arise from the ownership of multiple residences.
- Enveloped dwellings: Helping you meet your compliance obligations and understanding rule changes.
- International property: Advising on the reliefs available for those with overseas properties.
Our partners have an average of 20 years’ experience.
We are proud winners of numerous industry awards including:
Eprivateclient Top 25 Accountancy Firms 2011-2017
Our partners regularly contribute expert commentary on property tax matters in the national press and other prestigious publications
Get in touch
If you want to discuss how we can help take care of your finances, and ensure you make the most of your money today, complete our contact form and a member of our team will be in touch.