International financial planning
Having access to specialist advice on the international aspects of financial planning can be critical to protect your wealth.
Managing your personal finances across different jurisdictions presents a number of challenges. There are a variety of international pensions options, for example, and it’s therefore important to understand the complex tax rules around contribution caps and drawing a retirement income.
We can provide you with financial planning advice in the jurisdictions in which we're authorised, drawing on the expertise of our tax planners if required.
You’ll have direct access to our highly qualified team of international financial planning experts, without the need for unnecessary ‘middlemen’.
You’ll get a very personal service tailored to your precise needs to help protect your assets from erosion.
Our holistic approach means you’ll have access to specialist advice from across our diverse business and international network. We also work closely with offshore lawyers, trustees and other professional advisers.
How we can help
- Tax advice: Advising on the income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax consequences of coming to and leaving the UK for the short and the long term.
- Non-dom tax planning: Structuring your affairs as tax efficiently, flexibly and simply as possible prior to and after arrival in the UK, including planning for remittances, use of offshore structures and acquiring UK property.
- Offshore trusts: Advice to UK resident beneficiaries and settlors of offshore structures on UK tax reporting requirements.
- International pensions: Advising clients within authorised jurisdicions on transferring UK-based pension products, such as qualifying non-UK pension schemes (QNUPS), qualified recognised overseas pensions schemes (QROPS), migrant member relief and international annuities.
- International co-ordination: Bringing together the input of advisers in different jurisdictions as well as overseeing the implementation of relevant strategies and following them through.
We build long-term relationships and have been advising some families over many generations.
We work closely with our tax planners who can provide access to professional advice and services in over 120 jurisdictions across the globe through membership of Nexia International.
We work closely with onshore and offshore lawyers, trustees, investment managers, property advisers and other professionals.