Business tax services
As a UK top 10 accountancy firm*, with a large business tax team, we deliver specialist advice and services to UK-listed companies, inbound operations of overseas listed groups, privately-owned groups and private equity-backed companies.
As a result of the increasingly strict regulatory environment, there may be times when your auditors are unable to provide the tax advice and support you need due to unavoidable conflicts of interest. We have a long track record of working in partnership with companies and their auditors to provide non-competitive solutions and added value.
Challenges you may face
- Public Interest Entities: Our support may be of particular interest to you if you are an EU Public Interest Entity (PIE), as your auditors are now prohibited from providing tax advisory services or if US Securities and Exchange Commission regulations make the provision of non-audit services by your auditors a headache.
- Tax affairs: Increasingly, we are being asked to step in and support large corporates with their tax affairs, including advising UK-based finance teams on international rules, tax accounting advice and regulatory issues.
- Non-audit services: You may be looking to move non-audit services in the current regulatory environment for other reasons such as governance. We can offer the support you need while maintaining a good working relationship with your auditors.
Meeting your needs
Many auditors like working with us because they know we will undertake the required, appropriate due diligence and financial reporting, to specified standards.
Our team provides valuable market insights around your compliance cycle and the tax implications of issues such as new legislation or support in relation to a specific transaction.
You will receive personal service tailored to your specific commercial needs, with detailed advice and recommendations across all relevant taxes based on in-depth analysis.
With the technical expertise, track record, partner involvement and independence needed to deliver a rigorous process, we can help to mitigate avoidable threats to a successful transaction.
How we can help
We provide an extensive range of services, including:
- preparation of tax disclosures for group reporting and statutory accounts
- preparation and submission of the corporation tax return
- tax cash-flow optimisation
- Research & Development tax credits and Patent Box
- large business governance and compliance, such as Senior Accounting Officer,
- tax strategy and CbCR requirements and support with the impact of changes due to BEPs
- tax structuring and transaction advisory services
- international tax services
- transfer pricing
- shareholder advice
- employment tax services
- VAT services
- enquiries and disputes with HMRC, for example where there is a conflict and the auditor is unable to support
* (Source: Accountancy Age, 2018)